The College of New Jersey is home to nearly 30 Greek organizations consisting of national, local, and professional fraternities and sororities. Each year our Greek life is growing exponentially.
Every organization was founded on similar principles of service, leadership, academia, and friendship. Greek organizations strive to reach their highest potential in each of these ideals with its valued and devoted members. Becoming part of a Greek-lettered organization enriches both the local and academic community as well as the individual.
Why go Greek?
– Comparative GPA Fall 2015:
- all sorority : all women’s = 3.383 : 3.344
- all fraternity : all men’s = 3.168 : 3.125
- all greek : all students’ = 3.474 : 3.257
-Philanthropy: Ranges from Alzheimer’s Awareness to The Boy’s and Girl’s Club of America
- Hours of philanthropy: Spring 2015 (1673 members)
- 10,246 hrs total
- per person: ~6 hrs
- Dollars raised: Spring 2015 (1,673 members)
- $84,366.46 total
- per person: $50.43